Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Chicken Pie

What to do with leftover chicken? Whenever we have rotisserie chicken from Costco or fried chicken from the grocery store for dinner, we always have leftovers. I know, you'd think in a family of 9, there would never be leftovers. But we do! And they usually end up at the back of the fridge until someone discovers them at which time they are in a state that is not conducive to eating. Then they become trash! I hate to throw out food. Did my parents threaten me with the starving children in Africa and India when I was little? I don't remember, but, I still hate throwing away food. So a few weeks ago I noticed that Costco's ready-made chicken pies were made with the above-mentioned rotisserie chicken. So I thought, "Ha, a way to use leftover rotisserie chicken. I will have to remember that!" Fast forward to last night, and I am staring at the refrigerator trying to figure out what to make for dinner. (I hate trying to figure out what to make for dinner!) I see the large amount of leftover fried chicken and realize that if it doesn't get eaten soon, it will have to be thrown out. I wonder, "Can I make a chicken pie with leftover fried chicken? Will it taste funny? " So as one who is always willing to try an experiment, I made a very tasty chicken pie with leftover fried chicken.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Next time, I will add a bit more gravy, but it was a success!

No comments: